The Top 5 Things to do in Kenya
Here at Safarisource, we are excited to have a great community of local, Kenyan tour operators offering a diverse range of safaris and activities in the country. We have selected a Top 5 of must to things on your Kenyan safari:
1) Maasai Homestay. Ever wondered what it is like to Live like a Maasai? As I wrote my PhD on Maasai culture, I got the opportunity to live extensively with the community, albeit not in Kenya but across the border in Tanzania. Maasai culture is absolutely fascinating and on this 3 day tour, you get to experience Maasai hospitality and daily life. The tour operator organizing the homestay is a Maasai/German couple meaning they understand the expectations of foreign travelers perfectly, whilst being deeply engrained in Maasai culture.
2) Stay on a private conservancy in the Maasai Mara. We recommend this beautiful, luxurious and affordable tented camp in the Maasai Mara, run by Swedish conservationists. If you prefer a thatched roof over your head, book at this Exclusive Private Game Reserve. Most private conservancies are on Maasai land, leased out by the community to safari companies or conservation organizations. Experience, thus, co-existence between wildlife and humans and learn not just about the opportunities but also the conflicts that go with this life.
3) Experience some girl power on this safari to Hell’s Gate, the company is female led: Day Tour to Hell's Gate National Park.
4) Your trip to Kenya would not be complete without the stunning Kilimanjaro views (yes Kilimanjaro is in Tanzania) and the elephants of Amboseli National Park. Go on a weekend and stay two nights such as this affordable trip: 3 Days 2 Nights in Amboseli
5) Lake Nakuru is stunning, as is Tsavo West and Navaisha. On this safari you won’t have to compromise, you will see it all including Maasai Mara and Amboseli: 8 Day Luxury Safari around Kenya