Privacy is important to us at Safarisource. We know most of these statements say this, but honestly, we do mean it. Your trust in us is something we value greatly. This means we are committed in protecting the data you give to us, which we use for making your dream vacation come true. Acting in our customers’ interest, being transparent about our handling of your personal data, is part of our mission. This Privacy Statement tells you how we use and process the data that you give to us, and it will also tell you how to reach us if you have any questions about your personal data and how we use it. These questions, we’ll be more than happy to answer.
Unfortunately, if you disagree with our Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using the Safarisource platform. If you agree with this Privacy Statement, then you’re all ready to go on your next vacation through us!
Who we are and what service we offer:
Safarisource is a marketplace enabling tourists to book safaris and tours directly with Local Suppliers. With Local Suppliers, we from now on refer to: tour guides, tour operators, local travel agents, accommodations, airlines, community-based tourism initiatives and individuals.
We are happy to be transparent and answer all your questions reagrding your privacy. Following we provide a more detail information:
What kind of personal data does Safarisource collect?
To help you with booking a tour, we need to get the basic information straight – your name, date of birth, contact details (phone, e-mail and home address), the names of the people travelling with you and your payment information. Also, we collect and store the messages between you and us. These are usually messages about customizing your itinerary, answering your questions about a certain tour and/or local supplier, discussing prices, reviews and so on. We do this because it helps us to improve our customer service by reviewing our communication. It also provides us with evidence, in case something went wrong, expectations were not met and so on.
In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet or other devices you are using to access our services. These are your IP address, the browser you use, your language settings and the time you accessed our webpage. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information. This, we use the services of Google Analytics for. Google Analytics collects automatically information on how you found us (via a direct search of our webpage address, Google search, Social Media links, referral program or Ad click) and the way you browse our website (how long you were on a certain page and the pathway of pages you visit on our platform). It also tells us what browser you were using and the time and region where you opened our webpage from.
You can choose to open a user account, which allows you to save personal settings, upload images, review bookings or plan and manage future reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders (such as incentives or other benefits we may offer). You must know, this activity is collected and stored.
Why does Safarisource collect and use your personal data?
Below, you find the various reasons why we collect and use your personal data:
1. Tour Bookings/Reservations: The main reason why we do this is to complete and process your tour reservation.
2. Customer Support: We try to provide you with the best customer support as possible. Sharing your personal information with us is important for us to facilitate the best support we can give.
3. User Account: In creating a user, you let us get to know you more. We can send you personalized offers, bits of advice, and recommendations based on the information you provide us with. It also allows you to manage reviews about the trips you booked with us, which helps our other customers to make better choices for their bookings.
4. Marketing purposes: We use your information for marketing purposes. These include:
• Sending you newsletters about changes, offers and recommendations. You can always unsubscribe from our newsletter – simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link in of the emails we send to you.
• Based on your, we might send you personal offers.
5. Communicating information with you directly. We might need to get in touch with you directly, for example when:
• There are last-minute changes to an itinerary
• Problems came up with the local supplier
• Security alerts
• Issues of outstanding payments
• Reminder of upcoming trips
• Requests for reviews
• Finalizing your tour
• Market research: Asking you to participate in a questionnaire
6. To improve our platform and services: Using personal data for analytical purposes helps us to improve our services. The goal here is to create a product that satisfies your needs.
7. Guest reviews and tour-related information: In order to facilitate good decision making regarding the choice of your destination, tour, and local supplier, we ask you and your fellow travelers to submit reviews.
How and why do we share your data third parties?
We work together with different parties to provide our services. The primary purpose is sharing your relevant data for your tour with the local supplier. Without this, it would not be possible to complete your tour reservation. There are also other parties which can receive parts of your data, which are parties such as financial institutions (for handling your payment), advertisers (including the advertising service Google AdWords), or in special cases governmental or other authorities (if required and dictated per law). In any case, we do not sell or rent your personal data.
How does Safarisource safeguard your personal data?
We use appropriate business systems, such as anti-virus software, to prevent misuse of personal data. Only authorized employees can access your personal data if needed for their assignments.
We decide how long the data will be retained, in order to provide you with our best services a comply with applicable laws and regulations, so as to resolve disputes between any parties in case, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activities. Your personal data which we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
Can you review the personal data you have given to us?
Yes, you can. You always have the right to review the data we have collected about you. To do this, you can send us a request by E-Mailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you for proof of identification before handing out a copy of any personal data that we have collected.
Also, where we use your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Additionally, you have the right to object at any time to the use of processed personal data based on our legitimate business interest or the public interest, subject to applicable law.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
Safarisource (PTY) Ltd., located in 17 Queens Park Ave, Salt River, Cape Town, 7925, South Africa, is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Please note, we are proprietary, limited liability company, incorporated under South African law.